February 19, 2014

Admission Wednesday: Valentine's Day, and Tread Lightly

I admit... I've been feeling a little unmotivated on all fronts. I know I've been lacking on the blog posts lately, so here's to changing that!

I admit... we spent Valentine's day at home. We figured the restaurants were way too crowded, anyways. The day began at 12:01am with him surprising me with beautiful flowers:


And ended with cake, wine, and a home-cooked meal.


watching Monty Python extras :)

I admit... We officially dropped an anniversary. Our "old anniversary" was February 15, but that date was already kind of wishy washy - it was the day when we "officially" declared that we were exclusively boyfriend and girlfriend, but we've always really treated December 26th (the anniversary of our very first date) as the actual anniversary of us getting together.. because it's true.

But, we still ended up going out to eat at Ruth's Chris to celebrate.

It was rainy and cold, but at least we looked cute?

The table had little hearts all over it :)
JW's cufflinks are actually USB drives!! So cool!
Our table of delicious food
Dessert... of course.
We DEVOURED it.
I admit... On the topic of eating, this weekend was absolutely terrible. Pretty sure I gained 5 pounds. Oh well - the week after a weekend of indulgence is always the hardest, but I'm trying my best to get back on the healthy bandwagon. It's a journey, right?

I admit... I take things way too seriously. I've said this a lot on the blog, but I have to say it again. My yoga teacher told us today, to take our practice lightly. Practice with a sense of humor and laughter, just like you should go through life. There's a quote that my friend has as the cover photo of her facebook - 


"There are quicksands all about you, sucking at your feet, trying to suck you down into fear and self-pity and despair." Just... lightly. Do everything lightly.

I admit... I really want to lose myself in a book, but I can't decide which one. Any recs?

Previous Admission Wednesdays:
February 12: Control
February 5: Diets and Side-view Mirrors
January 29: Weights On and Off My Shoulders
January 22: Yoga and A Bunch of Wedding Feelings
January 15: Yoga and Pain

No comments:

Post a Comment