Crust: Wording is straight from her website! Pictures are mine.
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or stevia, to taste) (I used agave)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- Grind pecans in a food processor until crumbly. (Be careful not to over-process, or the oils will be release from the nuts, leaving you with a more glossy, oily crust!)
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend in food processor until it all sticks together, like cookie dough. Press the dough into a greased or lined pan, and place it in the freezer to set.
I don't have a small enough pan - so I tried at first putting the crust into a small bowl.
Wasn't really working for me. So, I transferred it into a large pan, where it filled up about halfway.
Filling: Yep- her website. Pictures are mine, again! :)
- ½ cup zucchini, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup raw cashew butter (I didn't know cashew butter was so crumbly!)
- 2½ Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2½ Tablespoons raw honey (or agave nectar, for vegans) (I used agave)
- 2 dates
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- In a mini food processor, blend zucchini until finely processed.
- Add the lemon juice, raw honey, dates, vanilla, and sea salt, and blend until smooth.
- Finally, add in the cashew butter and blend until well combined.
- Pour into a spring-form pan, over a raw graham cracker crust if desired (uh DUH), and FREEZE OVERNIGHT until set.
- Serve frozen for an authentic cheesecake texture.
I obviously couldn't wait until it was completely frozen and had a skinny row of these bad boys after only about an hour in the freezer. They were ADDICTIVE. So, this morning, I cut them into little squares and took some more pictures.
Hope you're having a great Valentine's Day!