June 7, 2015

Driving A Standard

FINALLY! After feeling like a major failure in all aspects of running, I finally got out for a run this morning!


I figured I'd make the most of my time in Dallas by trying to get back into running. Living in a neighborhood really helps- I can just run around the shaded sidewalks and whenever I get tired, home is always less than half a mile away. I wanted to run for 5 miles, but the both the hot weather and the fact that I haven't run since May 12th really took a toll.


This morning's jog was pretty slow at a 10'35" pace (granted, it was 80 degrees and I hadn't eaten anything) was completed right after my dad taught me how to drive a stick shift...! I snapped a quick picture of us driving to the parking lot in the sunrise - it was so nice to be out early and feel the nice breeze before the heat of the day caught up with us.


Verdict: About time I learned how to drive, eh? :) In all honesty, driving a standard isn't so bad, but it takes quite a while to get used to the mechanics of it. The car lurched and I stalled it numerous times before I really got the hang of it. Ah well. I drove home, though, which I think is a victory! 


Hope everybody is enjoying the summery weather!

2 comments:

  1. Your dog is so cute!!

    I've been taking lessons to drive a standard here in London since that's what everyone drives, the driving tests are sooo strict too! driving on the other side of the road on tiny roads with cars parked on each side is a little nerve wracking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Pam!

      I can't imagine driving in London, let alone driving a standard!! Yikes!

      Delete