October 8, 2014

My Wedding Day: The Exit and Aftermath

Catching up? Check out Pre-Ceremony, The Ceremony, The Formal Pictures, and The Reception: First Dances and Cake Cutting, and The Reception: Toasts and More Dancing.

Finally it was time for our grand exit at 6:50!


Taken by Sarah :)
Complete with silly faces by JW :)



Taken by Carly!
We took some selfies in the Bentley on the way to the drop off point to get into our limo, which would take us to the Gaylord Texan.


About 10 minutes later, we were dropped off at our limo! All limo photos taken by our iPhones :)





We were SUPER excited. I love limos!!

We got to the Gaylord around 7:40, where Kelly met up with us to take a few more pictures!


Funny story: we were obviously quite elaborately dressed, and while we were checking in, a woman and her young daughter got in line behind us. I had my back to them, and Kelly told me after we walked away from the check-in table that the little girl asked her mother, "Is that a princess?" and Kelly nodded her head as an answer. Awww!


We got up to the room and wanted to get the iconic "carry the bride over the threshold" picture -

"We ready?"



So fun!

Then we had to take some jumping-on-the-bed pictures, naturally.



The ceiling was a little low for jumping...


Then we took one last picture on our balcony.


Then, Kelly was done! Onto the rest of the night.

We decided to meet a few friends, which ended up being about 25 people, at a place called The Winewood Grill, a fantastic grill in Grapevine, not far from where the Gaylord Texan was. This place was fantastic and extremely accommodating and I couldn't recommend them enough!


Some of our friends wanted to buy us a bottle of nice wine, so my dear friend and college roommate Sarah chose this wine. It just so happened that I had visited Châteauneuf-du-Pape when I studied abroad. The year? 2009. It was so perfect and serendipitous, I was so moved!!





And here's the whole gang!


So much love! So much support! It was truly a wonderful night and I will never, ever forget it.

Next... The Honeymoon!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your wedding! I relish joyous occasions like weddings, so seeing how happy everyone were at yours really put a huge smile on my face. I love the photo you had with the limo. I definitely feel like you had a classy exit because of it. Well, you guys deserve it. Anyway, thanks for sharing that! All the best! :)

    Evan Blake @ Antique Limousine of Indianapolis

    ReplyDelete