June 21, 2014

Summer Shape Up, Days 3 and 4

I ran 3 miles on Thursday before I continued with meals from the Summer Shape Up!



It was 68 degrees! Much hotter than I'm used to!
Summer Shape Up Day 3 
Lunch: 
Tuna Salad with a Healthy Twist

2 oz chunk light tuna packed in water = 50 calories
1/8 cup Fage 0% Greek yogurt = 16 calories
1 celery stalk = probably like 0 calories, but let's say 5
1/2 cup Broccoli slaw = 13 calories
a few sprinkles of Feta cheese ~ 20 calories
two handlfuls of Power Greens ~ 25 calories (didn't measure)
1 whole wheat Jasmine's pita = 150 calories



It was really messy, but really good!

Cinnamon Applesauce

2oz unsweetened applesauce (leftover from the Simple Baked Oatmeal) = 25 calories
a few sprinkles of cinnamon = 10 calories


Calorie Total = 279 for the Pita + 35 for the applesauce = 314 calories

Dinner:
Salmon Quinoa Salad (my own creation!)

3 oz. salmon = 120 calories
1/2 cup quinoa/rice blend (Near East) = 140 calories
a handful of Power Greens ~ 25 calories


Calorie Total = 285 calories

The salmon was left over from earlier this week, and I heated it up separately from the leftover quinoa. I threw it all together on a bed of Power Greens and mixed it all up! This was quickly scarfed down after my yoga class and was small but filling.

Summer Shape Up Day 4
In the morning, I completed the NTC Beginner Get Toned Shape + Sculpt for 45 minutes after a breakfast of Scrambled Egg Muffins.

Lunch:
Tuna Caesar Salad (my own creation)

2 handfuls of Power Greens ~ 25 calories (didn't measure)
1.5 oz tuna = 38 calories
Detoxinista's Quick Garlic Parmesan Dressing (makes 1/3 cup)

  • 2 tbsp olive oil = 240 calories
  • 1/3 cup Parmesan = 134 calories
  • 1 tsp minced garlic = 5 calories

The dressing alone came to a total of 379 calories. I used 2 tsp.


Calorie Total: 47 dressing + 63 salad = 110 calories

The rest of the day, I ate more leftovers. They were still good as new!

I hope everyone is having a good first day of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment