June 18, 2014

Summer Shape Up Day 2: Meals, Running, and an NTC Workout!

Breakfast:
Scrambled Egg Muffins (makes 12 muffins)


9 eggs = 630 calories
2 handfuls of spinach ~ 15 calories (didn't measure)
1/3 cup skim milk = 30 calories
1/3 cup whole wheat flour = 133 calories
1/4 cup Lucerne Mild shredded Cheddar Cheese = 120 calories
a few shakes of basil
2 scoops of diced tomatoes from a can ~ 25 calories (didn't measure)
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. cracked black pepper


Calorie Total for 12 muffins = 953 calories. Divided by 12, that's about 80 calories per muffin! Not bad, not bad at all!

Lunch:
Creamy Tomato Basil Soup (makes 2.5 cups of soup)

1 clove minced garlic = 3 calories
1 Tbsp olive oil = 120 calories
a few spoonfuls of diced tomatoes from a can ~ 50 calories (didn't measure)
a few shakes of basil
a few shakes of pepper
2 cups low sodium vegetable broth = 40 calories
1/2 cup Fage 0% Greek Yogurt = 65 calories

Avocado Toast

1/3 Avocado ~ 83 calories (didn't measure)
1 slice Whole Wheat Chia Bread = 100 calories


Calorie Total = 278 for the soup + 183 for the toast= 461 calories. I made myself a 3/4 cup serving of soup, making it 84 + 183 = 267 calories. 

I admit, this wasn't my favorite meal - soup in the summer is a little too warm for me - but it was a nice blend of flavors and as always, fun to try something new.

Exercise:
3 mile run - not my favorite! For some reason, I felt so sluggish and off. I was happy to get it out of the way.



Dinner:
Mexican Lasagna

I felt so hungry after running, I had to eat! I couldn't resist!! I happily scarfed down another fourth of the Mexican Lasagna I made yesterday after reheating it in the microwave. Mmmm it was so good!


Snack:
My Homemade Trail Mix


I had this on the way home from my voice lesson! (First one since January!)

Snack #2:
Almond Butter + Toast

2 Tbsp unsalted almond butter = 190 calories
1 slice Whole Wheat Chia Bread = 100 calories


Calorie Total = 290 calories

Exercise, Round 2:
Nike+ Training Club

After my snack, I completed the NTC workout called Beginner Get Strong Pump Station. What a name! It was 45 minutes, made me sweat, and I was happy when it was over. Now I'm all caught up on half marathon training!

Smoothie:
Tropical Island Smoothie

3/4 cup Almond Breeze Almond Coconut Milk = 33.75 calories
1 cup frozen strawberries = 50 calories
1 single serving (5.3 oz) blueberry Fage Greek Yogurt (Fruyo) = 140 calories


Calorie Total = 224 calories

Alright, alright. I admit that I jumped the gun on tomorrow's breakfast. But I just couldn't not eat anything - running gave me some more calories to work with for the day, so I went ahead and felt 0 guilt while using them all up in this smoothie! It was SO refreshing after my workout - this might be my new go-to post-workout smoothie! It's that good!

Whew! What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment