June 18, 2014

More Day 1 Meals

Yesterday continued with more delicious meals for the Summer Shape Up!

Lunch: 
Grain, Bean, & Veggie Salad

1/2 cup quinoa/rice blend (Near East) = 140 calories
1/2 cup reduced sodium black beans (drained and rinsed) = 110 calories
a bed of "power greens" ~ 50 calories (didn't measure)
1/2 avocado ~125 calories (didn't measure)

All mixed up it looks like a bunch of goop, but it sure was tasty!
Calorie Total: 375 

Snack: 
A blend of my own Trail Mix

1/4 cup Cheerios = 25 calories
1/4 cup Walnuts = 45 calories
1/3 cup Almonds = 40 calories
Dark Hershey's Kisses = 2.25 kisses, chopped

Nom nom nom
Calorie Total: 155

All this (plus breakfast) was just enough food to get me through my yoga class!

This was a particularly sweaty class.. I was grateful for my new headband!
Dinner: 
Mexican Lasagna

3 whole grain corn tortillas = 272 calories
1/2 cup red kidney beans = 110 calories
1/2 cup low sodium black beans = 110 calories
4 oz Pace mild salsa = 160 calories
1/2 cup Fage greek yogurt = 64 calories
1/2 Green Bell Pepper = 16 calories
1/2 cup Lucerne Mild Cheddar Cheese = 240 calories
Grilled Chicken Breast = 216 calories

It looked so good I started to cut into it before I remembered to take a picture..!
Calorie Total: 1,192 

The original recipe made 8-10 servings, which is why I halved it to get it to 4-5 servings. So, I cut it into fourths and ate my 298 calorie serving. I also added 1/4 of an avocado on top!

Looks a little messy (and it was) but OMG this was delicious!!
It was the perfect amount of food for the day, and I didn't feel hungry at all! I highly recommend each of these meals! Thanks, Anne!

No comments:

Post a Comment