Oh well. I'm writing from Dallas. It's cold here.
A lot has happened since I arrived, both positive and negative:
- We got here without a hitch (winter weather in Dallas, but no delays! Yay!)
- We met with our officiant
- My grandmother broke her hip :(
- I think I found my wedding dress??
- I've seen most of my family and had lottsssss of mexican food. Yesss.
It's been glorious, but I realized that I never posted about my run the other day- the last one before we left for Dallas.
It was hard but not too bad. I was supposed to run 8 miles on Sunday the morning that we left, but that just didn't happen. (What's new???) I feel sooo unprepared for the half on Sunday - and especially unprepared for the 5K on Thursday. Eek. I want to be fast but I know I haven't been training for it - I feel like I'm gonna go way too fast way too soon on both races and end up screwing them both.
I guess we'll just see what happens?
Some nice scenery pictures before I go -
|Taken from the plane|
And finally, me and my dog, reunited again!!
Tomorrow morning we're taking our engagement pictures, I'm getting my hair cut, and hopefully running 2 miles so I have some rest time before the Turkey Trot on Thursday.