November 26, 2013

Pre-Turkey Trot Shake-Out

Today started early - this morning we had our engagement pictures taken! Fortunately we only had to meet across town at 10 instead of 8:30 (it makes all the difference!) with the hopes of it being a bit warmer. It ended up still being pretty windy and cloudy. I think they'll turn out really well, and it was a lot of fun to boot! So cool to have someone follow you around with your fiancé and knowing you'll get awesome pictures out of it.

I came home and ran 2 miles with my dog while the sun peeked through the clouds (figures). It was so nice to feel the sun on my face, but it was still pretty cold outside. I was dressed like a bum in sweatpants and two t-shirts but I didn't care.



It's really nice to be back in my old running neighborhood - this is where I trained for my very first half marathon.

This will be the third year I've run the Turkey Trot 5K with my (now) future in-laws and I kind of love it.

2011 - Finished in 26:37

2012 - Finished in 25:08
I hope to get in under 25 minutes, but with my recent training I feel like that'll be a big stretch. I'll be happy to just get a workout in before I devour ALL THE FOOD for Thanksgiving.

I'm gonna sleep on it another day, but I think I'm gonna buy my wedding dress tomorrow y'all!! Eek!!

No comments:

Post a Comment