October 7, 2013

Foggy Fifteen

Well friends, the musical is over! Closing weekend was fantastic. We had a great last show - one of the cast member's grandmother's was in the audience, and she got so excited that she literally screamed every time she saw her grandson come onstage. It made for a pretty entertaining 3 hours and was a great way to close the show! :)



On Saturday, I ran 15 miles. It started out pretty foggy and dark for the first half of the run, but it turned into a pretty beautiful day. 



I ate chews at miles 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, and 13. I felt pretty good, but I'm pretty sure that was just because of the gorgeous weather we were having and I was pretty distracted watching the sun shine through the trees. 





I listened to my audiobook, and now I'm having a crisis - during the actual marathon, do you think I should listen to an audiobook or try and find an energizing playlist? In the past, music has motivated me most of all, but lately ever since I've started listening to my audiobook during long runs, I find that my mind drifts and some of the miles fly by. Do I want that to happen during the marathon, or would I rather be present for my very first marathon? I just don't know!!




I've officially reached tapering - phew! This makes me a little nervous because I just don't feel ready for the full 26.2 quite yet... but I know in my heart I am. I've done all my training runs, I've only rescheduled a few of them, and I've only skipped a couple of NTC workouts. What's next, on my schedule:

Monday: 6 Miles
Tuesday: Beginner NTC
Wednesday: 4 Miles
Thursday: Beginner NTC
Friday: 15 Minute NTC
Saturday: 12 Miles (last long run!!)
Sunday: Rest
Monday: 8 Miles
Tuesday: Intermediate NTC
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: Rest
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 2 Miles
Sunday: MARATHON!!

Ack! I can feel the nerves already!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, I don't think I could keep a straight face on the stage with the screaming grandmother! That is hilarious. Congrats on making it to your taper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We definitely cracked a few smiles during the performance, haha!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous pics! The fog in the morning lately has been amazing. Yay for 26.2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like looking at the fog if there's sun- if it's foggy and dark then it's no good! The weather has been great this week, though! Are you in the Seattle area?

      Delete