September 26, 2013

Shakedown and 15 Miles

Back from my brief hiatus! My mom left yesterday afternoon - we had a lot of fun, had tons to do, and now our fridge is stocked to the brim with leftovers and my drawers are super organized! I will say, I'm gonna miss having fresh coffee and eggs ready for me as soon as I wake up!

I miss you already, Mom!
Let's back up.

Last Thursday, I was supposed to complete an NTC workout but man I just wasn't feeling it. So I pushed it to Friday morning. Because what's the REAL difference between an 11pm workout an a 9am workout? It was the Advance Get Lean Shakedown, and I didn't really hit it HARD, but made a good enough effort. I used 8lbs dumbbells.

7 Minute Warm-Up

8.5 Minute Set

9.5 Minute Set

5 Minute Cool-Down
That night, I had my fourth performance, which went pretty well! My mom got in that night and I came home to her chatting with my fiancé. Good to know they can get along on their own ;)

Jolene, in all her glory.
On Saturday, I woke up around 5 to knock out 15 miles before my Voice Lesson recital.


It was an early start, but I was rewarded with beautiful views!



My Trail :)

I wasn't worried about my pace - I listened to my audiobook and just kind of cruised.

More catching up to come!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your long run! Glad you got to have fun with your mom :)

    ReplyDelete