September 9, 2013

7 Miles of Stoplights

We had our first dress rehearsal (minus hair and makeup) yesterday (though we only got through Act 1), and I was BEAT by the time we were done at 10:30pm. I felt so gross, like a layer of grime and sweat had been spread all over me by the end of it. Blech.

I woke up this morning groggy as hell, and knew there was no way I was getting up early(ish) to run 7 miles. I had already decided I was going to make it slow and easy - I'm still feeling my 16 miler from Saturday - but there was no way I was going to do it before noon. It was too bad, because it was perfect running weather: cloudy, 60, and breezy. As soon as it passed noon and I was getting ready to head out to run, the sun came out and the temperature started to rise. I mentally berated myself for a bit for waiting so long to go out, but I figured I would be running slow anyways, so I might as well accept it and be thankful that I got to run in the sun and breeze.

No slugs this time! (Well, no bunnies, either.)




Had I just gone ONE second faster, the last mile would have been my fastest. Oh well, can't win 'em all!

This was the most stop-and-start run that I've had; lots of stop lights. I welcomed these rather than cursing them - I needed all the breaks I could get!

Tonight we continue with Act 2, and tomorrow starts the real dress rehearsal, with hair and makeup and everything. We open on Friday! Eek! Come buy tickets if you're in the area!

No comments:

Post a Comment