August 14, 2013

7 Miles at 11pm

Monday was not a good day for me - I woke up with the intention of running at 5:15, and could NOT get out of bed. I had another full day on my plate - not as full as others have been, but still - and I couldn't foresee fitting in my run at any other point in the day, unless I wanted to do it at 11pm at night. I had 7 miles on the schedule and couldn't imagine doing that after a full day of activities..

The other problem was that I still ate like I had run 7 miles that morning. The night before, I went out with a few friends and had a cider, almost ate a whole pizza, and then had some ice cream. Soooo many more carbs than I'm used to. My stomach was NOT happy with me yesterday, and I ended up coming home from After Care camp feeling absolutely awful and had to lay in bed for about an hour before my rehearsal, hoping I wouldn't be sick in the car.

I eventually felt better, and went to rehearsal, but I was still feeling pretty lethargic. I had already mentally switched around my schedule to just run tomorrow morning and not take a rest day on Wednesday, just plow through until I had my last run day on Saturday. But again, JW came to my rescue and convinced me to go to the gym at 11:15pm to finish 7 miles on the treadmill, just to get it out of the way. I was SO glad I did, even though the treadmill really isn't my favorite.

I didn't get out of the gym until 12:30, but oh well.

What is that dip?? I hate holding my phone...
Tim Tebow's voice came on after the run and told me that his longest run was only 300ft, but he scored a touchdown at the end of his. How pretentious!

No idea why those 3 middle miles are so much slower, especially since I bumped up the speed by .1 each mile...

I hate the treadmill, but any kind of miles are better than no miles at all, treadmill or not. Right?

2 comments:

  1. wow, that's dedication! Wish I had that kind of willpower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pamela! My motivation is really just getting it over with, hah!

      Delete