July 26, 2013

A Stinger and Change of Plans

Last night (late, AGAIN) I completed my last NTC workout of the week - this one was a real killer. It was the Intermediate Get Toned Stinger, my first Intermediate NTC workout ever. It was 45 minutes long and HARD.
(Warm-up)
1
2
3
Look at how many side planks! I did a 1 minute side plank on each side 3 different times - ow!

(Recovery)
I need to remember to bring my yoga mat when I'm doing a lot of exercises on the ground, otherwise my back really hurts.

This morning as I was writing this post, I had a pretty full day planned - a voice lesson at 10:15, a dance callback at 5:15, and a going-away party at 7:30. The problem was that I had a 6 mile run scheduled today as well. When was I going to fit that in? With an early voice lesson, I could have tried to run early like I've been meaning to - but since I did my NTC workout really late last night, I wasn't really sure that I wanted to tire out my legs that much. Plus, all before a dance audition?

I decided I wasn't going to let my run be a burden and that I would just do it on Saturday. Fortunately (or unfortunately?) my dance callback was rescheduled for Sunday, so now I can run! Yay?

I'm a planner, so I don't like it when my plans change the day-of. But I'm happy that I'm not being forced to change my marathon training plan so early in the game.

I can't believe I'm almost done with week 3! How am I already a fifth of the way through my marathon training?

How do you decide when to put off a run?

No comments:

Post a Comment