September 11, 2014

Back From Vacation

I'm back from vacation! Before I left, I ran some.





Cloudy September day :(
Not the best runs, not the worst. Just kind of meh overall. I was ready for a chill, no-running vacation!

My mom and I flew to Durango, CO and went to Four Corners, Mesa Verde, Silverton, Ouray, and even drove all the way to Moab, UT to the Arches National Park. We had a great time!

Ouray, CO behind us


I didn't run at all, and it was kind of awesome. I'm kind of realizing that running isn't my favorite, at least right now, and that I probably need to dial back my goal for Bellingham to be "just finish" rather than beat my last half marathon time. I might feel the racing bug bite me again, but right now it's just becoming a burden to get outside and run.

A pattern has been developing - what were supposed to be interval and speed runs have turned into slow runs, and I've deliberately not listened to upbeat music because I don't really want to run fast. I recognize that that's probably not supposed to happen. I'm just slogging through the run, not trying for speed, just waiting for it to be over with.

Sure, at least I'm burning a ton of calories, but my nutrition also suffers because of it. I end up eating much more unhealthily than I would normally if I knew I didn't need the carbs to run. So running is making me more unhealthy, I guess? I know I could easily change that but I'm having a hard time finding the motivation to do so.

I think after this half marathon, I'm going to focus on dancing, yoga, and singing. I finally found a tap studio that really challenges me and I'm really excited about it, so I'll be going weekly, if not twice a week!

Here are the runs I've done so far since I've gotten back:





53 degrees on today's run! It felt so nice, and it was sunny (hooray!), but I'm just waiting for the day when Seattle turns into dark and cold 24/7. Gotta enjoy this weather while it lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment