June 24, 2014

Unlimited Bread, Salad, and Running

Even though I'm not technically through with experimenting with all of Week 1's Summer Shape Up Meals,  on Sunday I checked out Week 2 and saw that the first breakfast was an easy bake "bar". I realized I could have that ready to go in the fridge and grab it every morning if I made it beforehand, so I went ahead and threw together the ingredients. So, so easy!!

Almond Butter Banana Breakfast Bars (makes 10 bars)

Dry:
1 cup whole wheat flour = 400 calories
1 cup old fashioned rolled oats = 380 calories
1/2 cup flaxseed = 240 calories
1 tsp. cinnamon = 7 calories
1 tsp. baking powder = 0
1 tsp. baking soda = 0
1/4 tsp. sea salt = 0

Wet:
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce = 50 calories
1/3 cup raw agave (I took a chance with using this ingredient, instead of maple syrup- turned out great!) = 320 calories
1/4 cup smooth almond butter = 380 calories
2 very ripe bananas, mashed = 180 calories

Calorie Total: 1,957 calories, making it 195 calories per bar!


Extra close-up, but it was so good!
The consistency of these is really more like banana bread, more than a bar. I'd call it "Almond Butter Banana Bread", but that's just me. :) Now I have bread for days!

I ate one Monday morning and had leftovers for the rest of the day. I had a dance audition that night, and I think it went well, but it was only an hour so who can tell?? So I came home and whipped up this recipe for "dinner":

Kale Chickpea Feta Greek Salad

2 cups kale greens (washed & trimmed into bite size pieces) = 20 calories
1/4 cup chickpeas (drained & rinsed) = 60 calories
7g  feta cheese = 18 calories
1 tbsp Diced Tomatoes = 3 calories
1/3 of a cucumber, chopped = 15 calories
1/3 of a green pepper, chopped = 11 calories
The last of my lemon juice
1 tsp. olive oil = 40 calories
a few shakes of Salt & pepper
2 oz chicken = 55 calories

Calorie Total: 222 calories


Salads are my go-to! This was so light and refreshing. I wanted to make it small because I wasn't that hungry (I ate every 3 hours!), but even though it was small, I still felt pretty full afterwards. Oh well, it's better than being full from ice cream, right??

Today, Tuesday, I had two slices of Almond Butter Banana Bread to fuel me for my 4 mile run after my voice lesson. My voice lesson is in Tacoma, so instead of driving back to Bellevue to run around downtown, I figured I needed a change of scenery. So, I scouted out a park in Federal Way and ran there.


It was SO hilly-- I'm not sure I'll run on it again! Well, I mean, maybe... I guess it's a good workout... but man, those hills!



The first half of the run was clearly downhill, and the last half of it was uphill. Oh well! Gotta build those muscles somehow.


Feeling good on these last few days of June-uary! Ready for constant summer!

How is your summer running going??

No comments:

Post a Comment