April 14, 2014

6 Miles With Friends (Sort Of)

Title is misleading, but whatevs. Time to update you on my most recent runs, both happening to be with friends!

On Wednesday, April 9, my dear friend Chelsey texted me asking if I wanted to run with her that afternoon in Bellevue. I've never run with another friend before (except for my first half marathon), but I jumped at the opportunity to catch up and work out at the same time!

We set off at a moderate pace, and fell into about a 10 min/mile. I'm not used to talking and running, so I was really winded and worn out the whole time! It was a great workout!

The only negative thing was that though I had my Nike Plus going, I didn't have my headphones in since we would be chatting the whole way. So, there was no easy pause button available to me when we had to wait for stoplights. (Edit: Nike+ just updated their app to automatically pause when you do, so I missed the update by a few days! Oh well.)




Afterwards, we got home, met up with JW, and went to dinner at California Pizza Kitchen with Chelsey's husband Aaron. We took a few pictures beforehand.

Photobomb!
Yay for new running friends!
We saw this duck just chilling out in front of CPK and thought it was hilarious.
On Saturday, April 12, JW had planned on running 1 mile on the treadmill, but I convinced him to run outside because it looked like this:


So he somewhat begrudgingly joined me :)




I'm very surprised by our pace! Usually JW runs 11 minute miles on the treadmill but I was kind of pushing him to go a little faster. I think everybody goes a little faster off the treadmill, anyways. We ran two laps around the track and pointed out all the cute dogs along the way :)

After! We look a little tired.
We didn't bring our wallets, but I was craving something cold and sweet, so I settled for an iced coffee at Starbucks that I paid for with my phone. Ahhh, technology!


It wasn't mixed very well, so after we came home, I made my own little latte by just adding some milk. It made it much better!
YUM
It was a nice ending to a good run! I'm glad that JW and I can run together :)

All in all, I think I like running with friends! It makes the time pass by quickly and the added conversation makes the workout that much harder, haha. Plus I get to catch up and exercise at the same time - time saver, boom!

Back to wedding planning! Just under 20 days to go.. ahhh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment