September 2, 2013

Making an Effort on Labor Day

What exactly is Labor day? According to Wikipedia, it's the "symbolic end of summer", it "marks the beginning of the NFL and college football seasons", and it "constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of their country".

I'm sure I'm not the first person to think it's ironic that we celebrate the contributions workers have made by.. not working. Ah, well. I won't be THAT person that's complaining about a holiday. I'm thoroughly enjoying my day off from work and rehearsals!

Not from running, though!



I made a conscious effort to try and not slow down too much, but with all the hills that are in my neighborhood, it was pretty difficult. I did two out-and-back loops, and then one smaller loop inside the Downtown Park.

It was a beautiful day, and I hope you're enjoying the last of your holiday weekend just as much as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment