July 12, 2013

NTC Workout, Take 2! (and some Gear)

I've been so busy since I last posted! Yesterday, I had to get ready for my voice/monologue lesson to get me ready for my audition on Saturday, and then I spent the remaining time getting ready to teach a tap workshop this morning, which I just got home from! I feel like I've been running around all over the place. That's one thing I'm not quite used to, living in the Seattle area - it feels like everything is about 45 minutes away!

Yesterday, I conquered the NTC 30 Minute Beginner Get Toned Body Flexor workout. I feel MUCH better about the app, and I believe it was because I wasn't working in this space:


So I realized I just need to go to our apartment's gym to really feel motivated. This workout consisted of:
  • Light jog
  • Back Pedal
  • Straight Leg Kicks
  • Russian Twists
  • Sumo Squat (with press)
  • Modified Push ups
  • Walking Lunges
  • Side Lunge
  • Modified Side Plank
  • Deadlift
  • Reverse Crunches
  • Ski Jumps
  • Alternating Forward Lunge with Arm Curl
  • Lying Chest Press
  • Russian Twists
  • Squats
  • Opposite Arm/Leg Extension
It was NOT easy - especially with doing squats for 2 minutes straight. Yikes! I was definitely sweating after the walking lunges - those are always the ones that get me.

I was looking at running shirts today, and this one caught my eye - 

http://www.healthychic.com/TS/Product/Run_Pretty_Far/Just_Run

I really liked the message on the shirt and I'm thinking about buying it. It's so true, though - no matter how I'm feeling, or how little I do, I still accomplish something because I ran that day. To run happy is the key, but some days, hell yeah I run grumpy and slow - but that's okay! At least I ran! Baby steps, right?

Do you have a favorite running shirt that gets you in the running state of mind?

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for commenting on my blog. Good luck to you on your first marathon training! I have a marathon on the same day so it will be fun to follow each other's training together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! I look forward to it! :) Thanks for visiting, and I'll be sure to keep up with you and comment!

      Delete