July 4, 2014

Happy 4th of July!

I'm having a fantastic start to the 4th! Since I last posted, I've mainly survived on leftovers (and one trip to Chipotle, don't judge..), save for this yummy recipe:

Chocolate Cherry Espresso Smoothie (minus the espresso- whoops!)

1 very ripe banana = 90 calories
1/2 cup frozen cherries = 55 calories
1 cup unsweetened chocolate Almond Breeze almondmilk = 45 calories

Calorie Total = 190 calories


This was SO GOOD. As you can see, I nearly got down to the bottom of it before I remembered to take a picture! I'm really digging frozen cherries in smoothies lately.

I did two NTC workouts yesterday plus yoga with weights, but it was only because I was a day behind (and I still had to skip a workout) in my half marathon training. (I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to do the half at the end of September - in any case, I'm "technically" training for the 10K at the end of August, I'll just be doing really high mileage.)

This morning, I decided to get up and at 'em and tackle 4 miles, so I could have two real rest days.



I feel like I started out slow, but was surprised to hear my pace - also I think I might have been going downhill? I know the start of Mile 3 was a HUGE uphill (which explains the slowness) but I didn't think that the second mile was almost 30 seconds slower. I also used the Auto Pause feature during this run - and was pleasantly surprised that it seemed like the response time was a little bit faster.

It was SUCH a beautiful day - I love it when the 4th of July is bright and inviting!! The air was crisp and it wasn't too hot or too cold at any point in my run. Perfect!! My weather app says there will be clouds for the rest of the day, but hopefully it's wrong??


After running, I went to a yoga class, which actually wasn't as terrible as I thought it might be, and later JW and went to Red Robin and got burgers and shakes :D. I also got all the laundry done!! Now we're going to go to Home Depot and look at some flooring options, and then enjoy the rest of the holiday.

What did you do on the 4th?

No comments:

Post a Comment