August 20, 2013

Engagement, Part 2!

Check out Part 1!

Even as we rode the elevator, my mind was buzzing: Was this it? Was this the proposal? And my logical side screamed NO! Of course not! I justified that this was just something special to commemorate us seeing Phantom on stage for the first time together - a callback to our first date. Something to commemorate the occasion. He opened the door, and through the doorway I saw this:



Balloons! Any room with balloons inside is no ordinary room. This was the moment that I knew. It was a callback to all the times he had asked me to dances, using balloons.

My bedroom, September 16, 2004, after he asked me to Homecoming, before we officially started dating.
October 10, 2006 - the same bedroom, literally filled with balloons to ask me to Homecoming.
I saw later that there were also flowers and candles, pictured below, also a callback to how he had asked me to dances in the past:

July 20, 2013
Asking me to prom on May 2, 2007, with candles and candy
I walked into the room, rounded the corner, and there he was, facing me. :) I watched as he got down on one knee and proposed. He used my full name and everything! Of course I immediately started sobbing and was able to choke out an enthusiastic "Yes!" midst my sobs. He called his sister to come upstairs and she took some cheesy posed pictures. I loved them all!

Love this!
The future Mr. and Mrs. Peters :)
My future sister-in-law!!
The ring:

Beautiful!
Sapphire and band detail
Most importantly:

There WAS cheesecake! And chocolates!
and champagne!
I took a few more pictures in the morning of the view we had (it was AMAZING):

The view in the morning
A latte I got the next morning at Hundred Acres, appropriately decorated.
It was an awesome, awesome way to get engaged. I wish we could have stayed in the hotel longer! JW had bought it just for that one night, which made it all the more special. I can't believe I got engaged in Times Square after seeing The Phantom of the Opera! I smile every time I look at my hand :)

We look forward to the wedding!!

This is how excited we are!! :D

Coming up: Our engagement party!

4 comments:

  1. Awe, this is such a sweet story. Was his sister the one who had decorated the room for him or did the hotel do that? Did he have the key to the room already?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, his sister had been running around all day getting the room reservation (he woke up that morning not knowing where the proposal would be!) and setting up the balloons in the room. The champagne and cheesecake came from the hotel- she had to request it :). I followed him as he walked up to the front desk and it was like the lady immediately knew who he was and produced the room keys for him! He says it took a little longer than "immediately", but it was pretty speedy!

      Delete
  2. Wow, he is so thoughtful!! Your ring is gorgeous!! So exciting! Are you guys going to take a trip back to Texas to find venue?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you Pamela!! Currently I'm sending my sister (bless her!) to venues in Dallas and I'm on Skype/speakerphone during the visit. I probably won't be able to physically visit the space before we book it, unfortunately. But, I trust my sister! :)

      Delete